Dill Butter Salmon
Salmon filets, painted with a paste of butter, dill and herbs, then roasted in a high oven. The result is a simple, healthy and delicious entree that will be enjoyed by all.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 Servings
Here's What You Need
- 2 pounds Salmon Filets
Dill Butter Paste
- 1 stick Butter soft but not melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of half lemon
- Generous pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
Here's What You Do
- Mix all ingredients for Dill Butter Paste together in a small bowl, set aside for about 30 minutes. Butter should be soft but not melted.
- Lightly oil a heavy baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Prepare salmon by slicing into four equal pieces across the filet and placing them on the baking sheet, skin side down.
- Lightly salt salmon and let sit for about 15 minutes
- Apply Dill Paste liberally all over the top and sides of the salmon pieces, set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place salmon in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and baste with melted butter and herbs from the pan.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes under tented aluminum foil
For two pounds of salmon you should end up with about 4 eight-ounce pieces. Adjust that to your preference if needed. The recipe serving size is 8 ounces.