Sweet Daddy D's Asian-style Marinated Grilled Salmon
Here's What You Need
- 1 ½ pound Salmon Filets
For the Marinade
- 20 ounces teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped or pressed
- 2 tablespoons Chinese five-spice
Here's What You Do
To Marinate Fish:
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a small bowl and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse the salmon filets under cold water then pat dry with a paper towel. Remove any bones with tweezers. Slice salmon filets cross-wise into about 2 inch pieces.
- Place the salmon filets in a gallon size freezer bag or other suitable container for marinating.
- Add the marinade and seal container. If using a freezer bag, squeeze out all the air while sealing.
- Allow the salmon to marinate for two to three hours in the refrigerator. (Its not recommended to go over three hours)
To Grill Fish:
- Prepare a charcoal grill for indirect heat (about 350-400 degrees) with one or two chunks of cheery wood on the coals.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade. Reserve the marinade for basting.
- Place the reserved marinade in a small sauce pan and bring to a medium boil for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to a simmer and maintain that for about 10 minutes while the marinade thickens.
- Oil the grills and place the salmon skin side down on the "cool" side away from the coals. Grill for approximately 10 minutes, basting a couple of times with the reduced marinade. Flip the salmon over gently and baste the skin side.
- Remove the salmon after about 3 minutes after flipping or according to your desired level of doneness. As you remove it from the grill, baste the salmon one final time and allow it to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.