Sweet Daddy D's Simple Sauce Meunière
Its best over a lightly fried filet of speckled trout, but this New Orleans classic creole sauce really elevates any fried or paneed fish, shrimp or oysters. Try it on chicken or veal, it's too good not to pour it on everything.Print Pin Rate
Here's What You Need
- 8 tablespoons Butter 1 stick
- ½ cup green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Several dashes Tabasco Hot Sauce
- To taste Kosher Salt and Black Ground Pepper
Here's What You Do
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium high heat until frothy and nearly browned but not burned.
- Add all the green onions, Worcestershire and lemon juice and saute together, shaking the pan for about for 5 minutes.
- Dash in the Tabasco sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
This simple sauce is superb over paneed or fried fish, shrimp or oysters. Salted butter is fine for this recipe, just adjust the amount of additional salt you add.