Sweet Daddy D's Chicken Marsala
It looks and sound so elegant, but its really quite simple. A thick and creamy Marsala wine sauce over saute'd chicken and mushrooms. Its sure to impress your guests! Serve it with pasta or potatoes and some saute'd spinach on the side. Even you will be impressed.Print Pin Rate
Here's What You Need
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to about ¼ inch thick
- Flour for dredging
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces white or baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 Shallots chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
- ½ teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- ½ cup marsala wine
Here's What You Do
- Either pound or slice the chicken breasts to about ¼ inch think. Season flour with salt and pepper, then dredge chicken pieces and shake off the excess flour.
- Heat about ¼ inch of olive oil over high heat until shimmering. Saute' the floured chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from pan and set aside. Pour off any excess olive oil from the pan but leave the browned fond in the pan
- Over medium high heat, add 4 tablespoons butter to the pan.
- When the butter is foaming, add 2 tablespoons of flour and stir constantly to make light roux
- Add the shallots and mushrooms and sauté until starting to brown
- Add the garlic and rosemary and continue to saute' until aromatic, about 2 minutes
- Add the chicken stock and wine; bring to a low simmer and saute' until thickened and reduced by almost half. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken back to pan and spoon sauce over all the chicken pieces. Taste the sauce for salt or pepper.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and shake the pan to incorporate smoothness into the sauce. Once the butter has melted, its done.