So you've already decided on steak. But to really elevate that delicious cut of beef you've chosen, you need sides and accompaniments that are as special as the main attraction. Saute up these mushrooms and you will cherish every bite!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 Servings
Here's What You Need
- 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch green opinions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ cup dry red wine
Herb and Spice Blend
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Basil
- ¼ teaspoon Thyme
- To taste Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
Here's What You Do
- Clean the mushrooms under cold water and slice. Chop the green onions and garlic and set aside. Mix the herb and spice blend and measure out the wine.
- Heat oil and butter in skillet over medium high heat until butter starts to foam.
- Add green onions and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add garlic and saute until aromatic, about another minute.
- Add the mushrooms. Stir and shake the pan until the mushrooms are all coated with the butter/oil and continue until starting to brown on the edges.
- Add herb and spice blend and continue to saute for another few minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil, continuing to shake the pan and stir until the wine has reduced down to a glaze.
- As an option, you can reduce the wine down until it is almost a glaze, then remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil. When steaks are resting, return the skillet to a medium high heat and complete the reduction of the wine.
This is the ultimate accompaniment for a nice steak, but also great with hamburger steaks or just about any meat.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 597mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g
Have a Comment or a Question?