Charred Green Beans with Herbs
Here's What You Need
- 1 pound fresh or frozen whole green beans
- 2 slices thick smoked bacon chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic rough chop
Herb and Spice Blend
- ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dry rosemary
- To Taste Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
Here's What You Do
- Cook frozen green beans as directed on package. If using fresh, steam them for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Chop bacon into 1" pieces and fry in a cast iron skillet or wok over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside, but leave the rendered bacon grease.
- Increase heat, then add garlic to the pan and saute for only a minute or so, until aromatic.
- Add herbs and spices and mix well to combine.
- Add green beans and sauté.
- Let green beans char a little before moving them around the pan. Beans are done when they are nicely charred but not burned.