Creamed Spinach with Artichoke
Here's What You Need
- 10 ounces Frozen Spinach
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Shallots sliced
- 4-5 ounces Artichoke Hearts sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ to ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Romano Cheese grated
- To taste Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
Here's What You Do
- Prepare the frozen spinach as directed on the package; drain if necessary. If using fresh spinach, rinse well and set aside to drain. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Slice the shallots and artichoke hearts and chop the garlic and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a sauté pan over medium high heat. When melted and starting to foam, add the shallots and sauté until starting to clear.
- Add the artichoke hearts and garlic and continue to sauté.
- Add salt and pepper and the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- When starting to melt, add the heavy cream; starting with about ½ cup. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to maintain a simmer; continue stirring and shaking the pan until starting to thicken.
- Add the spinach and blend together. Stir in the Romano cheese.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add if needed; continue to simmer until thickened to a creamy consistence.