Sweet Daddy D's Sweet Roasted Carrots with Thyme
Here's What You Need
- 2 pounds fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/4 cup honey
- Kosher salt and Fresh Ground Pepper taste
Here's What You Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a shallow baking sheet by covering with aluminum foil and a coating of non-stick oven spray.
- Clean and slice carrots in about 1 to 1 1/2 inch lengths; half or quarter thicker pieces.
- Add the carrots to about 4 to 5 cups of boiling water with a pinch of salt and the sugar. Parboil for about 3 minutes (after water comes back to a heavy boil) until they just start getting soft.
- Drain off the water but leave the parboiled carrots in the same pot. The pot should still be warm, so add the butter (or margarine) and mix well until all the carrots are liberally coated. Don't skimp, use a little more butter if you need to.
- Add the thyme, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper and mix well.
- Spread the carrots, butter and thyme mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; spread out until the carrots are in a single layer.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrots are beginning to brown and the butter is getting a little bubbly.
- When they are done, remove them from the oven and place the baking sheet on a heat resistant surface. While they are still hot, sprinkle the honey over all the carrots and mix well with a rubber spatula or spoon, careful not to break the carrots. Let them sit for a couple of minutes.